Hardware requirements varies during a zap Audit project. Here you find all information about the right set up.
The hardware requirements during a zap Audit project by phase:
Since the hardware requirements are different during a zap Audit project, you can use different hardware to cut costs. See here our recommendations for your scenario:
1. Notebook scenario: zapliance on a notebook or desktop PC
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 64-bit operating system (e.g. Windows 7, 8.1, 10)
- 32GB of memory (minimum of 8GB for the phases of data extraction and working with reports, 32GB for data set processing)
- A modern multi-core processor (i7 or comparable)
- 1TB SSD hard disk space (NTFS-formatted file system)
- USB 3.0 or later (When using an external SSD disk)
Recommended system requirements:
It is crucial that the processor, hard disk, memory and the components connected via the mainboard work well together for high-performance data processing.
- Your hard disk should support read and write speeds of up to 300 MB/s. We recommend a “disk rating” score of more than 4,000 points. This holds true for most solid-state drives (SSD). You will find an overview at http://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/high_end_drives.html
- Your multi-core processor should have a good single-thread performance. We recommend a “CPU mark” score of more than 2,000 points. You find an overview at https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
If memory is short
If the system runs out of memory during data processing, zapliance will start transferring data from the memory to the hard disk automatically (known as virtual memory). This is usually done by writing to the hard disk where the operating system is installed. To prevent performance problems, we recommend installing zapliance on a different hard disk than the operating system.
Note: The best solution in such cases is nevertheless to add more memory.
2. Server scenario: on (virtual) server
- Windows 64-bit operating system (e.g. Windows 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2012 R2)
- Up to 256GB memory
- CPU with at least 8 cores (see notes for a laptop)
- 2TB hard disk storage - SSD hard drives speed up data processing and working with large amounts of data (NTFS-formatted file system).
Recommended for virtual servers:
We recommend not to run resource-intensive other virtual machines parallel to the virtual machine where zapliance is running. At least for the duration of zap Audit's data processing.
To save system resources, we advise you to set the server's memory to the maximum before processing and to reduce the memory to 32 GB after processing is complete.
3. External drive scenario: zapliance on an external drive
- In principle, zapliance can also be installed on and started from an external hard disk.
- The Windows user must have full read and write access to the hard disk.
- The hard disk is formatted with the NTFS file system! (FAT32 can only manage files up to 4GB. exFAT does not grant write access to other Windows accounts by default.)
- For performance reasons, use SSD instead of HDD!
- Please also take the notes for the Laptop or Server scenario into consideration.
Further information about the hardware
- How much memory is actually needed depends on the nature of your data. This results from the individual logic of your company’s postings in SAP. Experience has shown that 32GB RAM is sufficient for 90% of the data sets. If you are setting up a server system, start with 64GB of main memory. If data processing terminates with an OutOfMemory error, it can be repeated later with more memory.
- The high memory requirement is particularly necessary for the data processing phase of zap Audit.
- Data extraction and processing can take a few days depending on the amount of data involved.
- If your system resources are not sufficient, please get in touch with us. We offer a service to determine the right level of system resources for every project!
Connection to SAP
- The corresponding hardware requires a network connection to the SAP System. This is required at least for the duration of data extraction.