zap Audit and zap Cash runs as an application server. Get access via the shipped browser.
What happens when starting the software (startup.bat or zapAudit.exe)?
zap Audit and zap Cash are big data web applications. This means:
- The software is running on an application server as a background process.
- As long the application server is running, you can access the application via a browser.
- You can run only one single instance of the software simultaneously (http://localhost:9001/zapliance/login.jsf).
- You can run it on your local PC/laptop or a server (select its IP-Address e.g., http://192.168.1.1:9001/zapliance/login.jsf).
- The communication from the clients' browser to the zapliance application server is via HTTP.
- The communication from the Software to SAP is via the SAP Java Connector (see paragraph below)
- Extracted data is stored locally in the installation folder (default) or the selected workspace folder.
- The software does not need an internet connection, but a connection to the SAP server for the duration of the data extraction.
- If the client browser PC has an internet connection, zapliance accesses zapliance.com to show you the current blog article on the login screen. Apart from this exception, the application does not communicate outside your local network. Technically, the Internet connection is not necessary for the program to function correctly.
Note: Make sure that the firewall does not block the connection between the application server and to your SAP server.